Sunday, August 12, 2012

You Could Look It Up

"If anybody asks me to be on a committee to take care of admissions, no, I'm irresponsible, I don't give a damn about the students -- of course I give a damn about the students but I know that somebody else'll do it -- and I take the view, "Let George do it," a view which you're not supposed to take, okay, because that's not right to do, but I do that because I like to do physics and I want to see if I can still do it, and so I'm selfish, okay? I want to do my physics."

...

"I'm sorry, after many, many years of trying to teach and tring all different kinds of methods, I really don't know how to do it."

-- From edited transcript of "The Pleasure of Finding Things Out," a BBC tv program Horizon interview, 1981, included in the collection The Please of Finding Things Out, edited by Jeffrey Robbins, Perseus Books Group, New York, 1999, pp. 19-21.

No comments:

ScienceDaily: Latest Science News

ScienceNOW

Livescience.com

SPACE.com

The Great Beyond

The Green Life

TPM Idea Lab

 
Blog Directory - Blogged