Monday, August 13, 2012

You Could Look It Up, part 2

"You see, one thing is, I can live with doubt and uncertainty and not knowing. I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. I have approximate answers and possible beliefs and different degrees of certainty about different things, but I'm not absolutely sure of anything and there are many things I don't know anything about, such as whether it means anything to ask why we're here, and what the question might mean."

-- From edited transcript of "The Pleasure of Finding Things Out," a BBC tv program Horizon interview, 1981, included in the collection The Please of Finding Things Out, edited by Jeffrey Robbins, Perseus Books Group, New York, 1999, pp. 24-25.

No comments:

ScienceDaily: Latest Science News

ScienceNOW

Livescience.com

SPACE.com

The Great Beyond

The Green Life

TPM Idea Lab

 
Blog Directory - Blogged