Saturday, August 11, 2012

Reading Like a Readin' Reader

Three books I'll be after at some point:

* Dodger by Terry Pratchett
* Turtle Recall by Stephen Briggs w/Terry Pratchett
* Redshirts by John Scalzi

In that same vein, anybody read Stranger by Max Frei? I saw the 2 sequels in the book sto' over the weekend. The reviews on the dust jacket were intriguing, but then that's their job. Is it worth it, is it nonsense? (I'm leaning toward predicting nonsense; tha Amazon blurb mentions "Department of Absolute Order, formed by a species of enchanted secret agents" and I likes my fantasy a bit more Tolkien, thanks.)

==========

UPDATE:

Yeah, Stranger just ain't doing it for me. Can't seem to put it down tho. Maybe that's how they get ya.

No comments:

ScienceDaily: Latest Science News

ScienceNOW

Livescience.com

SPACE.com

The Great Beyond

The Green Life

TPM Idea Lab

 
Blog Directory - Blogged