Tuesday, July 3, 2012

About it All, Part 9

"Also, in case you are beginning to believe that some of the things I said before are true because I am a scientist and according to the brochure that you get I won some awards and so forth, instead of your looking at the ideas themselves and judging them directly--in other words, you see, you have some feeling toward authority--I will get rid of that tonight. I dedicate this lecture to showing what ridiculous conclusions and rare statements such a man as myself can make."

-- From The Meaning of It All: Thoughts of a Citizen Scientist, by Richard P. Feynman, Basic Books, New York, 1998, pp. 61-62.

No comments:

ScienceDaily: Latest Science News

ScienceNOW

Livescience.com

SPACE.com

The Great Beyond

The Green Life

TPM Idea Lab

 
Blog Directory - Blogged