Thursday, June 7, 2012

Good Stuff, Part 5

"Another time, he [Feynman] insisted that I demonstrate the tango, which I had just 'learned.' I loped into the step like Groucho Marx, but ran into trouble when I reached the wall of Dick's office. He asked 'Didn't they teach you how to turn?' We decided that they had taught me how to dance in a room with periodic boundary conditions: when you bump into a wall you are assumed to reappear at the opposite wall, going in the same direction!"

-- Michael Cohen in "Most of the Good Stuff": Memories of Richard Feynman, Laurie M. Brown and John S. Rigden eds, American Institute of Physics, New York, 1993, pg 130.

No comments:

ScienceDaily: Latest Science News

ScienceNOW

Livescience.com

SPACE.com

The Great Beyond

The Green Life

TPM Idea Lab

 
Blog Directory - Blogged