Thursday, April 12, 2012

Random Notes Page

Wow, have I been lax in my postin's of late. Here's some more stuff from R:

Bowl Mending:


A conversation about art and fandom in re:
In defense of the 'Mass Effect 3' ending.

Dixie Chicks' Goodbye Earl:


Graphic artist Scott McCloud (of the Clan...y'know) and the emotion generator inspired by his work.

And here's something mentioned in a book on Ottoman Empire architecture I'm currently reading: Iznik Foundation tiles.

=========

If I'm too long till the next post, give me a holler.

2 comments:

Ringtail said...

Played the Mass Effect games, liked them a lot. Jennifer Hale's voice acting was excellent, which is saying a lot for an action game. And the article is about as good a discussion of the ending of Mass Effect 3 as I've seen, except for the opening statement -- the last five minutes of the game weren't "fascinating, frustrating, moving, and weird" -- they were just weird, and out of keeping with the rest of the games. After all that invested time, it just left me with a vague feeling of "huh?"

Very much like Lost in that regard.

No sir, I didn't like it.

0>w/hole>1 said...

Once again, no notification on your comment. Displeasure.

I'll have to take your word on both Mass Effect, video games in general, and Lost. These many things are foreign to me and not part of my...um....lifescape?

ScienceDaily: Latest Science News

ScienceNOW

Livescience.com

SPACE.com

The Great Beyond

The Green Life

TPM Idea Lab

 
Blog Directory - Blogged