Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Blast from the past

Filter: Hey Man, Nice Shot.

I picked up that album used someplace -- maybe Ralph's in Scranton, maybe the used place in Hoboken I used to go to...alls I remember about that place was that the guy at the register had dreads...maybe that used place in lower Queen Anne in Seattle just up from the Mecca, that greasiest of spoons.

I used to spend an inordinate amount of time leafing through the dollar bins in such places -- 's where I picked up the best discount find ever, Fat Headed Stranger by Wammo (who played the "Anti-Artist" in Slacker): "Charles Bukowski's dead; finally, enough beer for the rest of us."

Do dollar bins and used music stores even exist anymore? I feel like an aged hipster, without the life experience or the arm full of tracks.

No comments:

ScienceDaily: Latest Science News

ScienceNOW

Livescience.com

SPACE.com

The Great Beyond

The Green Life

TPM Idea Lab

 
Blog Directory - Blogged