Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Hoarse, With No Name

One of the wackier things coming up on Last.fm today: Freddie Mercury and Monserrat Cabalie: How can I go on.

Freddie Mercury, buckteeth and questionable party antics aside, had one of the all-time great voices in rock music, ever. One of my college friends lobbed Axl as a "best of" in the voice category, during a bull session slash excuse to drink. Dunno; he's more in the "interesting" category rather than "best of" I think.

I was in Dublin when Freddie died; remembering my flatmates' classy utterances re: his death reminds me how much I liked them -- very little -- and how much I was like them -- more than I care to admit.

Change borne of loss and physical suffering.... Ever see Eternal Sunshine? Change there was wrought by *erasing* traumas, rather than by experiencing them -- the obverse of "that which does not kill us makes us stronger": "that which does not kill us maims us for life." Thus, remove the maiming and you return to whole personhood.

Or something like that.

Can you tell I'm on hour 29 of being awake? Can you tell that Last.fm is now playing the Logical Song by Supertramp?

Can you tell? Oh, can you tell?

No comments:

ScienceDaily: Latest Science News

ScienceNOW

Livescience.com

SPACE.com

The Great Beyond

The Green Life

TPM Idea Lab

 
Blog Directory - Blogged