Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Good with the bad

For the record -- and I'm probably repeating myself here -- jeers to ABC for bein' chintzy with their free Life on Mars episodes, of which I think all aged off their site, and to tvguide video for saying that iTunes has the eps for free when in fact they don't.

All that said, ABC garners a slice of cheers for their 1973 Radio app. How large a slice depends on how soon songs get recycled. So far, Joan Baez and Crosby, Stills & Nash. Plus era-specific newclips of debatable actualness.

Truthiness? Veracitude? Sumpin'-sumpin'?

About seven songs now and no repeats. Edgin' on album-length at least, w/REO Speedwagon and The Who; I'm gettin' that pleased-y feelin'.

======

In other news, Manos the Hands of Fate is apparently the worst movie ever.

======

Elsewhere in the televis-mos, Chuck is steadily declining in quality (Chuck v Santa probably the worst of this season, and that's saying something; least it go unsaid, "holy cow, Every. Episode. Is. Basically. The. Same.") whilst I'm getting drawn back into the Heroes confus-a-rama. Despite its confus-a-rama-ingness.

Other good shows: My Own Worst Enemy (cancelled), Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles (not yet cancelled, that I know of), New Amsterdam (cancelled), and Life (still going, I believe). I passed on my theory to R that since Firefly proved a company could make a bundle off a show even if it only produces 8-12 episodes, there's been an explosion of good shows canned early (like Journeyman).

R was not convinced, although she did forward me the above link to Manos, the Hands of Fate. (Not this link, the other one. Above.)

========

Finally, anybody have links to free Drive vids?

========

Ooo -- Zep's Dancing Days playin' on 1973 Radio.....

No comments:

ScienceDaily: Latest Science News

ScienceNOW

Livescience.com

SPACE.com

The Great Beyond

The Green Life

TPM Idea Lab

 
Blog Directory - Blogged